Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Post a reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:
BBCode is OFF
Smilies are ON
Topic review

Expand view Topic review: Intervention?

Re: Intervention?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:08 am

Perhaps they could check with their family doctor for a list of rehab therapists in their area. When my husband needed help, our physician gave him the names of several that accepted our insurance & also offered to make the 1st appointment so that my husband wouldn't back out. It was the best thing that ever could have happened to us.

Re: Intervention?

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi J,

A lot of rehab and treatment centers take insurance. There are a list of centers on this site which also include telephone numbers and websites. Several major treatment centers are Eagleville, Livengrin and Univ of Penn.


Post by J » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:55 am

I'm new to the board. A family member confided in me that their spouse is drinking heavily......anyway, I gave the person the name of a D&A therapist in Phila are. Unfortunately the therapist does not take insurance payments and the family member is in No position to pay out of pocket. IMHO there probably is a need help the family member in getting therapy for themselves and help with setting up an intervention,but I am unsure where to find information about places that can help with this. Any palces/therapists you might recommend who accept health insurance in the Montgomery Co, or Chester Co Area?