Coming back

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Coming back

Unread postby Shaylee. » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:43 am

I was in the program for 6 year and went back out. I was out for a year and am seeing the same exact events that brought me in the first time. I am ashamed that I willingly put down the tools that helped me stay sober for 6 years. I stopped going to meeting and the built in forgetter took over. It only took a year to get right back to where I had left off. Starting over knowing that I am incapable of drinking successfully. I am grateful for the program of recovery. I pray I will never forget again.
Shaylee.

Re: Coming back

Unread postby renewedman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Coming Back, Welcome back. Try to look ahead at the possibilities you'll now have access to if you 'stay the course' set before. Have gratitude that you made it back to help others. You've helped me by reminding me 'it no long works.' Thank you Coming Back,
renewedman

Unread postby emack » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:08 am

glad you saw the results quickly and came back.no one wants to be the person that has a drinking problem but knowing that you are and staying the coarse will bring you a much greater life.
emack

Unread postby sensualdragonfly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:52 am

I just came back and left Eagleville after detoxing 2 days. I just couldn't take it there with non-smoking and nothing to do there. It was so unorganized with the staff and to get coffee you had to ask for a cup, creamer & sugar and the place is dirty. The heater was broke and it was just crazy there. Everyone was stuck in one room with a tv that was supposed to be decided on what to watch but one guy put on only what he wanted to watch. I just couldn't take it but if there was smoking allowed it would have made a difference & I could've dealt with the place.
sensualdragonfly

Unread postby sadperson1963 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:17 pm

yeah I know the feeling.... I am at a very bad place in my life cause I turned my back on the program, the great people that tried to help me, and started drinking again...
sadperson1963

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion