Single Mom/Divorced Support Group near Philadelphia?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Single Mom/Divorced Support Group near Philadelphia?

Unread postby andimec » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:44 pm

I have a friend who has finally admitted she needs help. She is very unsure about attending a meeting and I am trying to find one that might be a success from the start (if she is at all uncomfortable she will NEVER return). I hope to find a group that can really speak to her and her struggles. . . she's a single, working mom who is in the middle of a divorce. Any suggestions? We are in Center City Philadelphia but are willing to travel to the suburbs if needed.
andimec

Re: Single Mom/Divorced Support Group near Philadelphia?

Unread postby Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:20 pm

AA offers a practical solution to powerlessness over drinking. View the Southeastern Pennsylvania Intergroup Association of Alcoholics Anonymous meetings website link http://www.sepennaa.org/meetings.asp

Meetings can be sorted by city, day, type, etc.

Look for a Big Book (BB) meeting and go to several before drawing any conclusions. Identify drinking behavior with other attendees, but do not compare.

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion