Depressed

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Depressed

Unread postby norma » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:35 am

I was having a good morning. Day 2 sober. I just got home from my therapy session. I was feeling a little like drinking, but ok I can do this. Then my partner reminded me of something I said when I was drunk the other day. I tried to explain that I was not in the right state of mind and that she should not listen to that person. I asked her if she might be able to understand that. She said it sounded like I meant it and there was no way she could see my point. It took awhile to explain how hurt I felt already and that I did not need her to remind me how awful a person I am. It was only after some time that she realized that I could use a little support. No excuses right? She has every reason to feel the way she does, but she also kicked me a few times in the back when I was drunk. I just feel really sad and alone right now and she is in the room right next to me.
norma
Registered User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Depressed

Unread postby stressedeng » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Norma, you just started. Your partner is in the next room. My wife and daughter are God knows where. Demonstrate to your partner that you can stay sober. Don't expect miracles in the short term. Fix you first, I just started talking to my son today. He has had nothing to do with me and he is an intern at the company I work for. He comes into the engineering dept where I am the senior person and would ask someone else about how to perform a project. Not my first time Norma, I have went thru this a few times. The thing is, I am here. And so are many others who post or just read. My son asked me today why he should believe I am going to get this demon out of my soul, and honestly I could not answer. I don't know how much or how often you drank, but you are on the right path. Funny thing is people who love you want you back the way you are when you are sober. Go to a few meetings a week, the days you can't do a little shopping. Break your routine, the one that makes you want to drink. I stop a a pet store in our local mall, even my dog is gone. You are on this forum because you have the courage to face the demon, and demon it is. Try to make it to day 3, I don't like counting. For me it it is a new day, I think when you count it reminds us of those so called happier or mellow drinking days. Good luck, I often think about the sober people of the world who might have to give up that danish, coffee, chocolate. It's the same thing, only those things are not mind altering. My doctor says 70% of the world self medicates, the other 30% seek help. I wish you the very best and will be around.
stressedeng
Registered User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:27 am

Re: Depressed

Unread postby norma » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Stressedeng, thank you for your support. I am however, so sorry to hear about your situation. You have my empathy. I am sober. I was going to drink today, but I managed to distract myself with work. I almost convinced myself that I am not an alcoholic. It is amazing what a few sober days will do to you brain. Is it enough clarity not to believe that voice.
norma
Registered User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:15 am


Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron