Afraid of the Dt's

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Afraid of the Dt's

Unread postby butterfly01pa » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi everyone,
The last time I stopped drinking, I went o rehab and detox. I was sober almost 3 yrs, just short of a month. My husband was very ill, and almost died. I was without my psych meds, and missed 2 appointments due to his illness. I drank one night. A few weeks later again, and now everyday I drink about 3-4 beers and 2 double shots just to sleep. There is no possible way I can go to rehab or detox for even 3-4 days. I am in school with a 4.0 gpa. My daughter is a pre-med student transferring to a large university, and we have 6 to go see in 2 weeks, in order to make a decision. I am so afraid if I just stop drinking which I want to do so so badly, that I will experience Dt's and die. That is part of my anxiety disorder. I do not see my shrink for 6 weeks. I know to take thiamine and vitamins, but am really afraid I will suffer bad withdraw. I actually cannot stand the taste of alcohol. When I was sober, the smell would make me sick. As soon as I get the least bit jittery, I think to myself, "Oh my God, you are going to have the Dt's" Am I being insane?
butterfly01pa

Re: Afraid of the Dt's

Unread postby butterfly01pa » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:52 pm

I wanted to add that I have been drinking almost everyday for 4 weeks. I skip a day now and then. It has been 3 months since I started drinking again. I am just thankful I am seeing I need help now.
butterfly01pa

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion