starting over... again.

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

starting over... again.

Unread postby jeremyo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:30 am

Hello to whomever is reading this. I came out of detox today and went immediately to my old home group. I really wanted to go to a rehab, but lack of ins. and the need to work to support my 6 year old daughter prevented that. The problem is I'm stuck back in a house with another alchoholic who is still active. I'm really just looking for support and/or advice on the matter.
Sorry for the lenthy post, but thank you for reading this, and thank you to the creator of this seemingly useful website.
jeremyo

Re: starting over... again.

Unread postby Kali » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:18 am

One day at a time
Find someone who has what you want and ask them to help you work the steps. Help someone else, even if it is just a phone call to ask them how they are doing. Pray
Ask yourself what you have to loose by applying these simple suggestions. Good luck!
Kali

Unread postby otdun » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

it is good that you went back to your old home group immediately,i think,i suggest getting a sponsor if you don't already have one,and get to as many meetings as possible. look into resources for another safe place for you and your daughter. some rehabs have out patient programs,or what they call day programs. good luck,will keep you in my prayers. :)
otdun

Unread postby jeremyo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Thank you very much for the advice. I obtained a temporary sponsor this evening. My daughter lives with her mother, but they are in a pretty tough spot financially right now, so she's safe. I'm not though. I've spoken up as a newcomer at my mtgs and have a bunch of #s. I trust the program, and believe if I keep doing the next right thing, I'll make out ok. Thanks again for the kind words!
jeremyo

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion