First Meeting

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

First Meeting

Unread postby Shanti » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:35 pm

I have been sober for 6 days. I attended my first meeting tonight. My husband thinks AA is full of "psychos" and isn't very supportive. I have been on a journey for peace for 3 years now. I've taken up yoga and meditation. I've seen a psychiatrist for my depression and found a meeting that involves a 15 minute meditation. I loved it. They were thrilled to have a "beginner" and couldn't have been nicer. I am so glad I went. I received a 24 hour coin, a woman drew me a picture of a tree and wrote serenity on it and I also received lots of hugs!!!
Shanti

Re: First Meeting

Unread postby emack » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:49 pm

good for you!!!!what ever helps you stay sober is the right thing for "you".
emack

Unread postby Guest » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:26 pm

I have been sober for 5 days and have not yet been to a meeting. I was just discharged from detox today, and the meeting you spoke of sounds amazing. dont worry about what your husband thinks, if it works for you, keep it going. Where are you from? :)

Unread postby monee » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Hello everyone this is my first online meeting I've never done this before I would appreciate if someone can walk me through it
monee

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion