Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Unread postby trainer4lf » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:53 am

I am finally admitting that I am an alcoholic. I am tired of drinking everyday and hiding it from my family. I know they know and so do others. Why has this happened to me? I no longer can continue on doing this to myself and others. Everywhere I look lately, the issue is staring me in the face: whether it is a post about someone dying from this disease or a talk show on it. Today I pledge to make this is the first day of the rest of my life as a sober person.
trainer4lf

Re: Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Unread postby RAM » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:24 am

Great beginning - admitting you are powerless over alcohol. Now get to a meeting and find a sponsor
RAM

Unread postby Guest » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:50 pm

You will win, my friend. You sound like you are in a similar situation as I am in. For us, there's no alternative except quitting.

Unread postby emack » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 am

good for you!!!!! now dig in and make a stand.i will tell you this, sobriety is worth it.
emack

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion