Struggling

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Struggling

Unread postby McKibz » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:38 am

Does AA and the 12 steps really work? I have a really bad drinking problem. Went to a rehab and got out after it ended Got a sponsor and even a network of supporting people. But a week or so after getting out, started to isolate and then shortly after, stopped going to meetings and started to drink again. Thought I had reached bottom but guess not. Hate the way I feel and my life. I threw away great people from my life that helped me realize I needed help. I just don't get the 12 steps. And am powerless over alcohol but cannot resist it it seems. Please help! I am struggling so bad or maybe I am not struggling since I have given in again. Yes, my life is a mess and has since a kid. But the booze helps me escape and forget and cannot see my life getting better if I stop. PLEASE help and give me some good advice.
McKibz

Re: Struggling

Unread postby Rebecca Boone » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Hang in there, I was in sobriety for 11 yrs and relapsed in 2005. And it has been a vicious cycle to even the point of thoughts of taking my own life. But im trying. The first yr is the hardest because resisting temptaion is very hard. But picking up the phone instead of a drink. It's hard but hang in there and pray.
Rebecca Boone

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion