No where else to turn

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

No where else to turn

Unread postby herewegoagain » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:45 am

Hey everybody. Thanks for having me. I don't understand at all how this works. Are there set online meetings? Are there just discussions? I am a long time alcoholic who has been in recovery several long periods of time. I have mental issues that I work my butt off to allow me to feel like I can comfortably be part of the world around me. I work daily. But I have my life on life term issues that are interfering in my progress. I need to do what ever is gonna help me get there and I need guidance. I would love to have a woman sponsor. Please, someone respond. Someone who is at least close to middle age. I am scared of how I feel and am afraid if I don't fix this....well I just don't know. I don't want to be in the streets
herewegoagain

Re: No where else to turn

Unread postby Daredeviichik » Sat May 20, 2017 12:59 am

Don't be scared. It's all gonna be okay. You're doing great simply posting your feelings. I know the feeling of wanting more and simply not getting it right away. If music is your thing, try listening to Alana Davis - 32 flavors. Great song, helped me realize I need help and that I should be aware of who I am and how I should appreciate myself as a human on this earth. You have ever the power to do anything as long as you keep believing in yourself. Meditation works great for temporarily distracting the mind of any problems you feel you are facing, especially if you're alone.
Daredeviichik

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion