Alone again

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Alone again

Unread postby gr8tfulbabe » Tue May 30, 2017 1:38 am

Hello all I've been in program for 4.5 years and as many of you know it's a hell of a roller coaster! I'm the first in my family to get sober. My father died when I was 10 and my sister died a year and a half ago. I grew up in an extremely violent household. Needless to say I have trust issues! It took a long time for the wall to come down. I go to meetings in a small town environment where everyone has lived all their lives. I made the mistake of telling a guy I liked him a year ago and he said he wasn't ready for a relationship. So fine, I backed off, I'm not very good in relationships either, having only been in
several long term ones in my life! I'm almost 45! So I find out recently he's going with a woman half his age with less than 1
year of sobriety. Okay fine, now suddenly I seem to be having "issues" with people. A party I was invited to somehow the directions didn't get to me. No one from the rooms visits my FB page. Even my sponsor told me tonight that people are coming up to her and asking her, "is she okay?" She accused me of not working the steps, she just sent me the current step the other day! A newbie asked me tonight if I would speak at her Anniversary on Wednesday. Other people are telling me I
sound great! I thought the rooms were supposed to love you until you loved yourself. What about patience acceptance and tolerance? I never thought I would feel unwelcome here especially by my sponsor. This woman, who has many years of sobriety, even claimed she had no real connection in her relationship with me. And if these women who are so "concerned"
about my wellbeing are so worried, why not come to me?
gr8tfulbabe

Re: Alone again

Unread postby Work in progress » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:24 pm

Hello, there is a saying people who matter don't mind, and people who mind don't matter!!!!!
Work in progress

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion