Relapse and looking for some meeting

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Relapse and looking for some meeting

Unread postby hpz24 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:26 pm

where to start, well i was sober for the last six months but recently i relapsed and i feel discouraged but i wont let it keep me down i am looking for some good meetings in or around east falls, meetings with a younger crowed would be great since i am only 21 if anybody has any advice or would like to go to some meetings please let me know any adive is appreciated thanks
hpz24

Re: Relapse and looking for some meeting

Unread postby Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:04 pm

so are you going to give up??

you hardly tried...

just keep trying. at one point you will accept it.

Unread postby Guest » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:34 am

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!! You may have to try again and again, but it's worth it in the end. Frustrating at times, but WORTH IT!!!

Unread postby bigeazy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:11 am

As I look back on my early sobriety, I've come to realize all I ever wanted to do was stop the pain and as soon as I felt better about me and the loved one's forgave me...well let me just say, It was a vicious cycle. The one thing I had to accept about myself, I really did'nt want to stop getting high...I did'nt know how to meet people,dance,laugh I truly did not know how to socialize....at least that's what I told myself the truth was,I was scared..scared to be judged,to be rejected,you know what I mean just not measure up..I guest I measured my insides to othed people's outsides..sobriety gave me freedom from that self imposed prison..no relapse..just wanted to fit in, at any cost my sponsor tells me there's no such thing as a relapse we just make choices and today I make different choices..AA gave me that...FREEDOM, thats my choice what a gift...
bigeazy

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion