Trying to get sober

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Re: Trying to get sober

Unread postby Tom's time. » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:39 pm

Well just found this site after locating an AA meeting in my town. I have been drinking every day for as long as I can remember with the exception of a (30) day stint years ago during lent. I feel fortunate in that I have been able to avoid the DUI's and career damage. After years of hiding my problem, or trying to I have put my mind to stopping. Like some folks have stated the first meeting will be tough, not sure who will recognize me and thinks like that. But in reality I really don't care, I need to be there for my family before I lose them. I'm tired of hiding bottles and watching the rear view mirror. I have shared my decision with my closest of friends who have offered nothing but support. It's up to me to get myself to a place where I can look in the mirror and see the person I once respected. I will be checking here often to take advantage of your advise and prayers of support.
Tom's time.

Previous

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion