i think i'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

i think i'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby dookydaddy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:27 pm

i went to a benefit for a freind who was in a drunk driving motorcycle accident. it was to "benefit" him and help with his medical bills and apartment. i drank, woke up in the hospital without any recollection of my condition. acute alcohol intoxication. i have had periods of sobriety lasting months, been to 2 rehabs and a crisis center. i am scared that i am going to kill myself with my disease. i am 37 years old and am going to start attending meetings again. i want to live so bad! my life seems like it is out of control. just talking to try to convince myself that sobriety is possible for me. thanx for listening
dookydaddy

Re: i think i'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Guest » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 am

Sobriety is possible for you. Take one step at a time. Ask for help. Go to meetings. And above all, don't give up. You can do it!!!

Unread postby dan1957 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:29 am

Behavior is changed through trial and error. put a rat in a maze through trial and error he will find the exit. Behavior is changed with consequences and benefit. You can teach a chicken to play mary had a little lamb using consequences and benefits. Through trial and error I conclude that I am an alchoholic. I can not drink because of the consequences: 1. being arrested. 2. Financial costs. 3. Harmful to mental and physical health. Benefits of sobriety: 1. no fear of being arrested. 2. saving money. 3. feel better mentally and physically. Turned my past, my future, my will and my life over to a higher power. have courage, do not take that first drink. live in the present one day at a time. Do not be sensitive to criticism, be assertive and calm. embrace reality. embrace humility. become a better and stronger person. thank you. just laying out a few thoughts about how I am staying sober.

best regards, Dan
dan1957

Unread postby joep54321 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am

your taking one of the first steps and that is reaching out. I am new and have found out that the number of people that are willing to help you who don't even know you is incredible.
joep54321

Unread postby DaveyBlue » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 am

Get the first half of the first step and admit you are powerless.
If you don't drink you can't get drunk.
Don't put the liquid to your lips, and the rest works it self out.
May God Bless You! :twisted:
DaveyBlue

Unread postby harleyrose » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:41 am

Hello...

I read Dan's post...He has given you some good advise.
To live in the light of the spirit, we've got to turn our will and our lives over to the care of a HP.
If you do not have one, I strongly suggest you get one and stick close to it. Even if it is on a moment by moment basis. Becuase your HP is the only thing that is going to come between you and that first drink.
I've a history of drug addiction also...
Trust me when I say you need a HP's love to overcome.
Go to meetings, and also try to get one on one with a very spiritual person. Or find one at your church.
But do it. Not everyone in AA is spiritual in a sense that they are on or have worked the 11th Step.
Go to meetings and be of service. Being of service will get you out of your head man.
Go to great lengths and keep coming back until the miracle happens.
Don't be one of the those who are constitutionally incapable of getting this program.
Its yours if you want, all you have to do is work it cuz your worth it.
Much Peace and love.

harley-rose
harleyrose

Unread postby whiskeylullaby » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:01 pm

I see that the origional post is a few months old. I hope things worked out for you.
Remember the desparation of the dying. You are where you need to be right now. We dont decide to get sober when things are going ok. Get to a meeting and remember this, NOT ONE of the people there who you see laughing and having fun came in to the rooms singing and jumping. We all have that guilt, shame and remorse.
whiskeylullaby

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion