1 1/2 yrs. Sober

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

1 1/2 yrs. Sober

Unread postby Keith » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:34 pm

Visiting Philly.Nov. 10-13 and nervous about going to meetings for first time there.
Keith

Re: 1 1/2 yrs. Sober

Unread postby Sophie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi Keith...This is my first time online and I happen to catch your email. I'm coming up 6 years sobriety and live about 1/2 hour away from Philly. I recommend that you pick up a Southeastern PA AA Meeting Directory, which serves Philly and Counties of: Bucks, Chester, Delaware & Montgomery. I have mine handy if you let me know what part of Philly you are visiting, I can recommend some to you. There are lots of meetings available in this area, Big Book, Step, Open/Closed Discussions and even if you should feel nervous or uncomfortable, there's another one right around the corner. Have fun in Philly and Good Luck !
Sophie

Unread postby Keith » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:38 pm

Thanks Sophie. I have addresses of meetings near where I'm staying. I'ts just that Phili., was one of my favorite drinking places. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it!
Keith
Keith

Unread postby MandyCane » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi Keith,
I just wanted to wish you luck while you are in the Phila area. Just remember the person you want to be and get to the meetings. There are a lot of fun things to do in Philly that do not involve drinking or drugs, but it can be easy to get sucked into it so be careful.
MandyCane

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion