Looking for a Female Sponsor

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Looking for a Female Sponsor

Unread postby santosha » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi,

I'm brand new to the board here and this is my first post. I am thrilled to share that on March 1st, I celebrated my three year anniversary! The reason I've joined the board and am looking for support is because I've spent the last year and a half without a sponsor. I had a sponsor in the very beginning and broke off our relationship a little after a year because I felt she shamed me inappropriately. I haven't found anyone else in the program who has what I want (to the degree that I'm willing to ask them to be my sponsor), but I do maintain active friendships with sober friends and speak with them regularly. I'm only making one meeting a week and I know this is a hindrance to finding a sponsor. My hope in joining the boards was that perhaps I'd meet someone online that might be a good temporary sponsor for me. I'm a woman, and as per the guidelines of the program, am looking to work with another woman. Thank you for your time and support. S.
santosha

Re: Looking for a Female Sponsor

Unread postby joeliejoel » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:09 pm

I am curious about the user tag you have- santosha. Did you know it is Hindi for 'contentment'?
joeliejoel

Re: Looking for a Female Sponsor

Unread postby santosha » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi,

Yup, I know Santosha means contentment. Contentment is one of the rewards of sobriety for me. : ) How about for you?

Thanks,
S
santosha

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion