need a meeting

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

need a meeting

Unread postby dyasiejko » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:40 pm

i'm clean and sober for 18 days now, and have started going some meetings, but they are all very much about god. being an athiest it is frustrating. can anyone help me out and point me to a meeting or support group that will help me?
dyasiejko

Re: need a meeting

Unread postby pweston33 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:54 pm

they all will help just think of god as Good Orderly Direction or just use the higher power of the a.a. group. these are a bunch of drunks helping keep each other sober. just 2 let u know i struggle with the god thing 2. thius is how i stay sober
pweston33

Unread postby rosesrsu » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:44 am

I'm not an athiest, but the religious part of the meetings is what has kept me from going also. I have wanted to go for years and haven't because I don't want to be force fed religion anymore. I believe in God and all of the things I have been taught in life, but that didn't help me not pick up a bottle to wash away my pain and emptiness. I just poured my bottles of wine and liquor down the sink for the first time in my life and I am going to be 49 in september. I have been drunk for the most part, except when I was pregnant, for the past 30 years and I am not going to be drunk for the next 30. God willing. This is the first day of my life. June 14, 2009.
Susan
rosesrsu

Unread postby new2this » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:00 pm

I do believe in God and this wasnt a problem for me. But i am reading this book that tells you to use whatever you. Even lilke the earth and stuff like that. But it is really important to put your faith in something i think personally.
new2this

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion