Do you Twitter/Facebook?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Do you Twitter/Facebook?

Unread postby Admin » Mon May 11, 2009 7:43 am

We have set up a Twitter and Facebook Account for Sobriety Online and if any of our members have a Twitter or Facebook Account we would like to follow you.

http://twitter.com/SobrietyOnline

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sobriety-Online/116273334486
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Do you Twitter?

Unread postby MCsquared » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:26 pm

CURATIVE - just started following you. Keep up the great work!
MCsquared

Unread postby init2beatit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:33 am

no i dont twitter....yet. im searching for meeting locsations and now that i have found them i'm trying to get over the "its weird" part. group talking w/strangers is weird for me, out of my norm
init2beatit

Unread postby Guest » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:39 am

you don't have to talk during the meetings. wait until you're comfortable and maybe you'll feel like talking. but again you may never want to talk. listening to other people's stories and realizing that you are not alone is sometimes enough to go through the process.

Re: Do you Twitter/Facebook?

Unread postby danger maus » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:24 pm

I have a Twitter, but SO is already following me. Yay.
danger maus

Unread postby TiffLA » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:49 pm

I am following too!! =)
TiffLA

Expect A Miracle Group ( Lansdale PA 19446)

Unread postby Big Daddy » Sun May 23, 2010 11:21 pm

We are a Fellowship of men and women who have lost the ability to control our drinking and have found ourselves in various kinds of trouble as a result of drinking. We attempt - most of us successfully – to create a satisfying way of life without alcohol. For this we find we need the help and support of other alcoholics in A.A.

Our telephone number is 215-361-7887

Expect A Miracle Group was started in December of 1990. Our first location was on in a building near Cannon Ave. and West Main Street in Lansdale. We relocated to our current location on 30 West Hancock St. EAM holds thirty meetings a week (see meeting schedule). http://www.eamlansdale.org/meeting_schedule.htm
Our web Site is http://www.eamlansdale.org
Big Daddy

Unread postby ? » Mon May 24, 2010 7:13 am

I tried to go to a first meeting last night - St. James Church, New Britian PA. Listed at 8:00 pm but no one there. HOw accurate/updated are these meetings? This was a big let down as it took everything to get there - including needing a ride. Listing time/place/day is a great help but only if accurate.
?

Unread postby niki » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:30 am

I do facebook. an i have recently posted the soberity online to my page.. an i use to not talk in meetings either an sometimes i still dont it just depends on weather i feel comfortable or not in my surroundings... im new to this.. but i wish you luck.
niki

Unread postby November_rain » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:47 am

Thanks for posting sobrietyonline on your page - we appreciate it. Good luck to you too :)
November_rain

Unread postby kymba » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:26 am

I knew I had twitter... just nothing interesting to follow.. UNTIL NOW ~ Thanks! :mrgreen:
kymba

Unread postby JuMunchie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:15 pm

? wrote:I tried to go to a first meeting last night - St. James Church, New Britian PA. Listed at 8:00 pm but no one there. HOw accurate/updated are these meetings? This was a big let down as it took everything to get there - including needing a ride. Listing time/place/day is a great help but only if accurate.

It's listed as Doylestown but it is actually New Britain,Lenape Valley Presbyterian Church. I was there not yesterday, but the prior Sunday. Large enough group, nice people. I realize you posted this months ago but the group does currently meet.
JuMunchie

Unread postby jamiew » Wed May 18, 2011 7:57 pm

I just began to Twitter and I love it! It's a great way to follow things that are going on and for information. By being on Twitter I found Sobriety Online so it certainly works.
:D
jamiew

Unread postby Vaya » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Comin' back around, nice to be here =)

Following SI on Twitter, 'Liked' the Facebook page.

The Facebook page, if I'm not mistaken, is not a group and therefore can not be 'joined,' correct?

Anyway, good stuff. This is my first foray into the world of "digital sobriety" (to supplement that of real-life, of course!). I really look forward to being an active, participative member here.

~ vaya
Vaya

Unread postby FrostyFingers » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 pm

I will admit I do give in to the plague that is Facebook on a daily basis. Mainly to network, but I have found it a muse for humor and debate. I 'Liked' your page. Thank you for helping me find tomorrow morning's meeting @ 6AM...ugh! :P
FrostyFingers

Next

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion