how to move on

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

how to move on

Unread postby jennytat2 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:26 pm

i married my childhood sweetheart and he was on and off drugs and in prison. when he was released from prison he was clean (so i thought, he had been drinking). we got married, but before we married he relasps on drugs and i had started using with him. and in my addiction i lost my children and my family and in may of 2005 he went back to prison and i went to rehab. and in the summer of 06 i was clean and he was too and we both talked about having a clean and sobor life and when he was released in the summer of 07 we started our life together and in the summer of 08 he relaps and had put his hands on me (he had in the past but we were drinking and using) but now leaving marks. so one day i just left not saying a word i just packed what i could in my car and drove to pa and when i got to pa i called him to tell him it was over and i have not spoken to him sence he also has no idea where i am at. I think about him everyday, wondering what is doing, how is he doing. and even though he is using and lied to me i still love him in some sick way i know he is my soulmate. but for the safety of my life and the safety of my sobriety i cant be with him so i ask how do i move on?
jennytat2

Re: how to move on

Unread postby Sunshine35 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Hey hun! I want you to know, I married my high school sweetheart, and though he doesnt have issues as much as yours does, I have been in the abuse phase. By leaving you made a huge step!! I live in Pa, so where ever your at, your in a nice state. No one will take care of you but YOU!! Remember that!!!
I can garentee, the respect from your children, and their love for how your trying to be a better person, will be a reward all of itself. I know you think about him...I would too, but think about yourself. Take it from me, you have to. I know its gonna take a long time, but there is a better life out there. You only have to want it bad enough to go after it!! So go get it!!! Good luck, you will be in my prayers!
Hugs!!!
Sunshine35

Unread postby SoMD » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:07 am

Never look back is one way to move on.
We all take the road that isnt ours to take, but for me all I can do is see it as a learning experience and begin anew, a wiser man in the process.
SoMD

Unread postby yosemite610 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:47 pm

I just started dating a girl who had broken up with me 30 years ago (I was just starting my alcoholic 'journey'). It's been a wonderful experience...

When I read your post I kept thinking this world is too big to assume we know as much as we always seem to think we know. One step in front of another, one day at a time... I have had to keep a close eye on my self will, it always wants to convince me it's right, but it can't predict the future like it tells me it can.

Abusive relationships are about fear, the same as our disease... Move forward, try to choose love, rather then fear, and I promise you joy beyond any expectations ;')
yosemite610

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion