Daily Reflections "Reconstruction"

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Daily Reflections "Reconstruction"

Unread postby jennytat2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:31 am

RECONSTRUCTION

"Yes,
there is a long period of reconstruction ahead"....
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p 83

"The reconstruction of my life is the prime goal in my recovery as I avoid taking that first drink, one day at a time. The task is most successfully accomplished by working the Steps of our Fellowship. The spiritual life is not a theory; it works, but I have to live it. Step Two started me on my journey to develop a spiritual life; Step Nine allows me to move into the final phase of the initial Steps which taught me how to live a spiritual life. Without the guidance and strength of a Higher Power, it would be impossible to proceed through the various stages of reconstruction. I realize that God works for me and throught me. Proof comes to me when I relize that God did for me what I could not do for myself, by removing that gnawing compulsion to drink. I must continue daily to seek God's guidance. He grants me a daily reprieve and will provide the power I need for reconstruction."

This is quote out of the Daily Reflections book, page 256 Date September 4th
jennytat2

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion