Open Meetings?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Open Meetings?

Unread postby anonymous76 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:25 am

Hello,

I am a student of art therapy. I have been attending AA meetings as part of my graduate course (just to observe). Does anyone know if there are any meetings in the Ambler, PA area where I would be welcome?

Thanks in advance.
anonymous76

Re: Open Meetings?

Unread postby Guest » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:59 am

Hi Anonymous76, check under Meetings (home page). There are a lot of meetings in the Ambler area. If you went to AA meetings before, you know you'll be welcome to each and every meeting as long as you respect the people who attend the meeting, keep your mouth shut (unless you're also a user who wants to share) and keep your ears wide open. They are there to get help - we're not talking about studying or observing anything here, but being in a group of humans who are in pain, most of them ashamed of what they do, who try to get better. So if you're smart enough to keep that in mind, you'll be fine.

Unread postby Anonymous1000 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:26 pm

If your from the ambler area I would suggest going to a meeting a little further away maybe king of Prussia. You might run into someone you know then you would have to explain that your not recovering and that might make for uncomfortable situation for the person who is in recovery.
Anonymous1000

Unread postby danger maus » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:21 pm

If you're willing to drive to Pottstown there are some open meetings there. The main one I know of is Friday at 830pm, but all you have to do to find meetings is Google your local area.
danger maus

Unread postby Rick » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:48 pm

I cannot help you with Ambler, but I like to see students at meetings. My previous sponsor is majoring in the same thing after recovery from perilous alcohol and drug addiction. Therapy helps!
Rick

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion