after all its part of sobriety

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

after all its part of sobriety

Unread postby chris12 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:54 am

I rememember when i was 1 month sober after many, many years of semi wanting to stay sober,i had hit my bottom. My bottom was a very dark place that only a suffering alcoholic can explain.it was not all the hospitals,not all the rehabs,not the homelessness, not all the friends that were dying every other day.mine was when after all the hell i could not not go without a drink! Even after years of that happening i still had not surrendered.oh how i suffered that first month i wouldnt drink but i hated all and was near suicide!!!!!!!! one of you strangers at a meeting must have known, and walked up to me and asked me a question he said-------CHRIS DO YOU BELIEVE IT WILL GET BETTER. all of my defences fell like bricks and my life started at that moment. I started working the steps with a tough sponsor i needed that!! he helped me to clean house,get out of self and help another alcoholic.I now have 2yrs. and a few mnths.Dont ever think that it was easy,truth seldom is.thank god for that stranger and for all the friends i hope to meet here. i am new to a computer and posting.another gift of sobriety.i learned to use a comp. bought a car, and too many more gifts to mention. YES I BELIEVE IT WILL GET BETTER >>>>> it does thanks CHRIS.
chris12

Re: after all its part of sobriety

Unread postby joep54321 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:22 am

Chris,
I just got my 30 days yesterday and I can relate to what youu said. It is hard and I am still struggling but I know I want this. Just like you a stranger at a meeting came up to me and started talking to me. he is now my sponser. He talked me thru a time about 2 weeks ago where I was calling around finding out the process to buy a gun. I was having stupid thoughts. He talked me thru it. You just gave me addition motivation in knowing that all will get better with time and sobriety
joep54321

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion