hit bottom

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

hit bottom

Unread postby rose » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:52 pm

I just spent the night in the er from an overdose attempt. I went out, got drunk, and brought someone home with me. I have 2 kids here and I can't believe I did this. I think it's time to get some kind of help. I have no one to go to about this
rose

Re: hit bottom

Unread postby redroad » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Well you could start be making some time to attend some AA meetings. An just listen. If it suit your path then start reading the AA Big Book. And always keep for them kids. :D
redroad

Unread postby browneydgrl » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:11 pm

I did the same thing you did (minus bringing someone home with me) and I over-dosed back in January for the 2nd time in 2 years! Except this time i hit a pole with my car and was in the hospital on Life Support for 3 days. I could have killed someone. I was really lucky. This time i signed myself into Rehab for a few days and now I am attending 3 meetings a week at Aldie. You should really try it. For the FIRST time in a while i feel GREAT! Hopefully you have a good support system at home, that always helps, but if you dont you can always go to meetings and the people there will definately support you. Good luck, i hope you get help. Do it for your kids and most importantly do it for yourself!
browneydgrl

Unread postby prism6201 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:51 am

I had a similiar experience on Friday night (-The kids). I would have drank again yesterday but was really too sick, still craving. I am going to my first meeting today. I'm hoping for the best for me and you.
prism6201

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion