first meeting today

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

first meeting today

Unread postby prism6201 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:20 pm

I went to my first meeting today. I got lost, showed up a half hour late, and felt like a rude idiot. Everyone was wlecoming. They offered me ideas on detoxing (I last drank friday night) and gave me numbers to call. Since I emptied my house of liquor, the stores are closed, and I never drank in public I feel safe tonight. Tomorrow scares me but I feel weird calling strangers. I plan a meeting tomorrow after work and hope I make it.
prism6201

Re: first meeting today

Unread postby yosemite610 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Sorry if this is late, but: WELCOME!
yosemite610

Unread postby Andrea » Fri May 14, 2010 3:15 am

You sound like me at my first meeting. Are you still sober? My first meeting - or at least the one where I was fully awake - was the Pacific Group on a Wednesday night in Los Angeles. I will never forget that night or the buzz I felt from getting out of myself long enough to shake someone's hand. It was like electricity.
Andrea

Unread postby Justme76 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 pm

One day at a time. How was your meeting?
Justme76

Unread postby DD » Fri May 21, 2010 4:37 pm

prism6201 wrote:I went to my first meeting today. I got lost, showed up a half hour late, and felt like a rude idiot. Everyone was wlecoming. They offered me ideas on detoxing (I last drank friday night) and gave me numbers to call. Since I emptied my house of liquor, the stores are closed, and I never drank in public I feel safe tonight. Tomorrow scares me but I feel weird calling strangers. I plan a meeting tomorrow after work and hope I make it.

I'm going to my first meeting tonight.

How long is a meeting?

Can my wife attend?

Thanks -- DD
DD

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 24, 2010 2:05 pm

You are never late to any meeting. Just go

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion