Single Mothers

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Single Mothers

Unread postby amandaleew127 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:43 pm

As a 30 year old single mother I cant keep it together. I go for weeks at a time being the perfect mom, no one suspects anything. But at night when Im all alone, I break. I drink. I hate it. Im so depressed and Im on antidepressants which is ironic. My daughter is WELL taken care of. I do it when she is sleeping. But I go to sleep knowing that tomorrow nothing changes. Its all a circle. Not one I hate, just one I wouldnt have chosen to live. My daughter is my world, half of me, the perfect child. However, I need to get my act together to remember it all with her. The right way. My parents are alcoholics. I promised I wouldnt do it. So this is my plea to get help.

Please, any single mothers, anyone, a little help :)

The country girl,
Mandy
amandaleew127

Re: Single Mothers

Unread postby Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:44 am

Hey Mandy,
I totally relate. Going to AA meetings helps me understand what's really going on. Also have you talked to your doctor about your drinking? Do you drink because you're depressed or are you depressed because you drink? There are some effective meds that can help with the depression. Come back and share if you want.

Re: Single Mothers

Unread postby yosemite610 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Hope you don't mind a reply from a single father. I had full custody of my daughter by the time she was 4 (she's 20 now ;').

There is a solution in AA. But what came to mind when I read your post was what a wonderful incentive my daughter was (for staying sober). My self-esteem could get pretty low, but I would try to remind myself that "my daughter deserves to have a sober Dad". This helped so much when I felt like it wasn't worth the hassle (meeting, FEELINGS, etc.).

Now, my daughter knows where to go if she ever needs help.
yosemite610

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion