New to this group

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New to this group

Unread postby dofsaint » Sat May 01, 2010 9:44 am

I just wanted to say hello & thank everyone in AA, the reason for the thanks is I have been sober for 10 years TODAY (May 01 2000 thru May 01, 2010) thanks to AA and all the people that have helped me thru the years. I especally would like to thank those that have not even known that they helped me.
That's all for now, however I do plan on going to the first meeting (Lansdale Clubhouse) that I went to on May 1, 2000 just to thank everyone again, and maybe someone new will be there and like me will learn something that will help them not drink today!
Again Thanks to all of you, I owe you all and my higher power for saving my life!
David
dofsaint

Re: New to this group

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 02, 2010 8:13 am

Kuddos to you, David!!!! Very inspiring message for all of us.

Unread postby shy6 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:46 pm

8) Happy Anniversary!
Ya know what they say, it works if ya work it!
shy6

Unread postby dofsaint » Wed May 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Thank you all you your very nice wishes, I do not drink today! That is how I have handled the last 10 years, a day at a day... before I knew it 10 years had passed! Amazing to me!!
Again THANK YOU ALL!!
David
dofsaint

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 10:47 am

Some-what new also but I need this to continue to be free from the addicition to alcohol.

Unread postby dofsaint » Mon May 31, 2010 8:11 am

Please remember one thing, You will never be free of the addicition to alcohol, you can only keep in it under control. The demons will always be lurking and waiting for a weak moment to drag you back down! So go to meeting and talk to people in the rooms, this is the only way to keep the demons at bay!
Good Luck
David
dofsaint

Unread postby windexeyes » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Was never on a forum before so not sure really how it works. But I am not a quitter. Moved here to
Wysox, Pa. in May and have not gone to a meeting since. Not because I don't want to but have no car at the
moment. Have 14 years sober and using every tool except meetings at this point. Once again not sure
how a forum works. Thanks, Theresa
windexeyes

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion