Need a sponsor

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Need a sponsor

Unread postby Andrea » Fri May 14, 2010 3:35 am

Hi, I'm thinking this forum is out of Philadelphia. Anyway, I'm moving from Las Vegas to Philly and I need a woman sponsor and women to talk to, in general.
Andrea

Re: Need a sponsor

Unread postby sanderson0662 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi I just moved to Morgantown, PA, which is close to Philly, last Wed. and I just found a temporary sponsor tonight. They have strong AA out here and, although Morgantown only has 2 per week there are a lot of meetings very close in other towns. I'm too new to sponsor but just want to wish the best to you. I love it out here hope you will too.
sanderson0662

Unread postby cathy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:41 pm

My sister in W Chester needs a sponsor. She doesn't know where to find a meeting. She just called me (MN) and told me she's trying to quit drinking but keeps "failing". She's very overwhelmed. I want to help. I know AA members here who say sponsors are key to sobriety. I want to help my sister so much! She's professional, doesn't look in need. She finally admitted what the family knew for years. Please help me help her.
cathy

Unread postby Rain » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 pm

To find a meeting, I suggest that she google "Alcoholics Anonymous". That will get her to the main AA site, aa.org. On the google listing it has a link to "How to find AA Meetings". Click, and follow the directions. She can enter her zip code and find the nearest meeting.

To get a sponsor, and what a sponsor is for:

Sponsors are AA members that help the newcomer work the 12 steps of AA. The minimum requirement should be that they have worked the 12 steps of AA in order, as described in the book "Alcoholics Anonymous" (that's where we got the name).

Why, you might ask?

Because it's hard to help someone do step 7 for example, if the sponsor hasn't done it for themselves.

She will find a sponsor at meetings (it's someone that you ask for yourself).

Best Wishes and keep us posted.
Rain

Unread postby Haze » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:13 pm

ive been on and off but on as the moment i try hard and ive try almost everything but i cant get clean i never feel good always in pain and dont like to go places unless i know im not going to be sick im out of ideas and dont know what to do please if you kno anything tell me the way things have been horrible seems there is no help for me out there im in denver colorado homeless and m 23 been homelss and struggling witn my adddiction since 17 how long does a withdraw lastanybody please?
Haze

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion