cant stop f/in up!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

cant stop f/in up!

Unread postby bill/ » Sat May 29, 2010 3:37 pm

its so simple !!!!!then i must b a real idiot!!!cant put any time together,been around a long time,had time lost time again and again!!!! keep lettin everything get in the way of stayin sober...about to just give up all together!!!!!!!!!!! god please help me and show me how to better do thy will............yea right..$bill
bill/

Re: cant stop f/in up!

Unread postby djr0379 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:34 pm

ease up on yourself. yes, it is painful but you are learning. you are learning how the sickness works in you. these are the challenges to greatness. the sickness wants you to beat yourself into suicide or another drink. Start saying to yourself over and over, "Thank you God that I am sane and sober". Do not stop doing that and realize that this is a spiritual sickness, commonly called fear. Get control of your mind or be driven out of it. It is a sickness of the feelings and your feelings are controlled by what you think. Get an attitude of gratitude and you will not drink. There is a world of difference between not drinking and being sober (Step One Before Entering Recovery). The Steps are the only recovery that AA promises anyone. Go to a Step meeting!
djr0379

Unread postby chrisser74 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:19 pm

it is simple, but it's equally as hard. I had been coming around for 20 years before i got my year coin and that was on 5/11. I'm living in a recovery house which is incredibly useful. Meetings, meetings, meetings. Just keep trying. It took me going to jail 3 seperate times before I got it.
chrisser74

Unread postby kymba » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:38 am

I found rehab and the "serenity prayer" has worked for me. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 3 years and don't want it. When I am stressed, I say the prayer, over and over and over. I've changed my life and refused to let alcohol control me. We do have the power to stop the madness of the bottle. YOU can DO IT! If you need help to do it, FIND IT! Help is out there with caring people!
kymba

Unread postby kymba » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:40 am

p.s.: I have also disconnected myself from family and friends who drink or cause stress.
kymba

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion