cant control myself

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

cant control myself

Unread postby rockstarchick311 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:54 pm

im in a tight spot right now in my life where i let alcohol take everything away from me . i just lost my relationship of 5 1/2 years to a great guy. i thought there was a way i could control myself without getting so drunk when i drink but i cant seem to do it. i black out most of the time and say and do hurtful things to people i care about. ive used the excuse that im only 23 thats what people my age do , i know thats not true..ive been drinking every since i was 16 and it only got worse as the years moved along. i thought it was something i liked to do , now i relize it was only to get drunk not have a couple drinks. i dont know what to do anymore . i feel like my world has been crumbling downhill
rockstarchick311

Re: cant control myself

Unread postby Guest » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:11 am

Go to AA meetings, see your doctor, go to rehab. You can do it!!!!!

Unread postby sandyc1115 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:29 am

You are in the tight spot because you put yourself there! The good news is that you have the power to change your behavior- if you want to. I did it, so can you. start RIGHT NOW. Your new life is waiting. Life is so short, dont waste another minute
sandyc1115

Unread postby dingerusmc@gmail.com » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Things may look pretty bleak at this point of your life. You have already taken the first step toward sobriety, you have admitted to yourself that you have a problem.If you have a religion that you favor go to see the priest , rabbi , minister.Ask them to help you find the right path. They will help you. If you can, go to A.A. meetings, There you will meet all kinds of people in the same boat that you are. Each and everyone of the members will do everything they can to help you.Please believe me, no one there will judge you . If your afraid to go by yourself get in touch with me. If you live near Drexel Hill you can go to a meeting with me.. Good luck
dingerusmc@gmail.com

Unread postby ginny » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:42 pm

I completely understand how you feel. I came from a big Irish family where everyone drank. I always thought I was going to have such a great time drinking.
I blacked out the first time I drank at age 11 and my life was filled with blackouts the whole time I drank. They didn't happen every time but I never knew when they would. The places I wound up and people I was with and drugs I did that I did not even remember horrified me. I would do and say terrible things- lost jobs and friends and family.. eventually lost everything including my mind. I always said I got sober to cure my hangovers not the drunks, I didn't know what was going on when I was drunk. and today I wake up sober everyday and no matter how tough the day before was, I know everything I did and I never have that awful anxious pit in my stomach. I love my life sober and have not had a drink in many years. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just looked up aa in the phonebook (long time ago, ok google it) and called and got a local meeting and walked in. no rehab no detox just walked into a meeting and kept on doing it. that was it. whatever sober people told me to do I did. and it worked and little by little life changed. give it a try
ginny

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion