What about God? Don't forget about him!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

What about God? Don't forget about him!

Unread postby Lucian » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Hello all! I have joined this site to offer inspirational support to those who want it. Addiction is a serious serious problem. It's one of those things when you first started with alcohol or drugs it was fun, you enjoyed it but as time went on you found yourself ADDICTED. This addiction becomes such a problem that it not only affects you but also affects those around you. Many people now suffer and continue to suffer because of this addiction.

Now it's not fun anymore and it's causing big problems in your life but you still can't seem to stop or turn away from this addiction that has a STRONG hold on you. All of you who are here are looking for some type of solution to this problem. You have realized how serious things have gotten and know that it's something you can't fight by yourself anymore. That's why we are all here to offer each other support and please believe I want to add to that support.

I hope many of you are attending daily or weekly meetings to get the group support you need. One thing I do hope is that you have not forgotten about God! Please, Please do not under estimate the power of God and the LOVE he has for you. God is always there watching over us and waiting for us to TRULY acknowledge him. When we fall he is there to pick us up (If we ask) When everything falls apart, He is the only one who can put it back together (If we ask).

God wants all of us to be free from BONDAGE because he loves us and he wants us to love him. If you truly turn to God and ask him for help he will help you and he will give you the strength to overcome this Addiction. You need to make the decision that you want God in your life. Only when you truly want God and want to do his will which is to Love him and Love others. Then he will come in to your life and drive away this ADDICTION (Demon) that has a hold on you.

I will continue to write more but I hope you all take everything that I have said seriously. Addiction is serious, and the problems in your life right now are serious, So you need to take God serious to overcome this problem. You can't put out a blazing fire with a cup of water you would need something powerful enough to match the intensity of that fire. This is the same thing, you can't overcome addiction by making a wish. You need something powerful to help you overcome this addiction and that something is GOD!

Please respond and let me know if you feel what I'm saying and understand where I'm coming from. This is for those who want to turn to God. For those who don't please keep all negative comments to yourself as this is not the place or time for it. God Bless and together let's start taking those steps to permanent sobriety so you can truly start living the life you are suppose to LIVE. Peace & Love to you all it will get better if you believe!
Lucian

Re: What about God? Don't forget about him!

Unread postby clueless » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:19 am

Thank- you
I did not get a reply to my "post" but after reading what you wrote... It helped me out a lot.
Again thank-you, may God bless you and those you love
clueless

Unread postby clueless » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:21 am

clueless wrote:Thank- you
I did not get a reply to my "post" but after reading what you wrote... It helped me out a lot.
Again thank-you, may God bless you and those you love

:D
clueless

Unread postby believe54 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:55 am

In HIM who is the source of my strength...I have strength for everything. We find strength in our weaknesses through the power of prayer. When we are weak and in trouble God is strong. We can accomplish great things in life because God is there to give us strength. He can and will strengthen our mind, body and spirit. Turn to Him.
believe54

New to this website:)

Unread postby dannielriplove123 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 pm

I just want to say.It does not get any better out there. I'm 25 yrs old.I went into Rehab at age 21. I have relapsed twice since I was introduced to the program of A.a.I can say this much.I most def see a lot of my mistakes.And hopefully learned from them all.Sobriety is a life long process.I must take it one day at a time.And never to forget where I once was and where God has taking me. I know this disease is cunning,baffling and powerful.No matter how much you think you got it, you think wrong.If your like me I want more n more of anything to take my pain away.It's really easy to run from our fears. But it takes a lot for us to Face Everything And Recover........
dannielriplove123

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion