can't find a meeting

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

can't find a meeting

Unread postby paulywalnuts » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:25 pm

i'm living in north central philadelphia and trying to get active in AA or NA again
i've been searching online for meetings and going to them only to find when i get there that there's no actual meeting taking place
this is crushing and very hard for me
can someone recommend a reliable website with updated meetings? or where can i go to get a directory listing meetings in my area? would a hospital have one?
paulywalnuts

Re: can't find a meeting

Unread postby paulywalnuts » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:31 pm

also, bonus points for youth meetings
no offense but you old folks and alligators are frustrating sometimes
paulywalnuts

Unread postby sloopdogg » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:49 pm

AA online chat blazer site
sloopdogg

Unread postby cathy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:24 pm

My sister in West Chester is willing to go to a meeting for the first time. I am in another State but I want to help her link up to a group. She's had a long long time finally admitting to me she has drinking problem and doesn't want to face things alone. She keeps telling me she tried not to drink but couldn't and so "failed". I told her she isn't "failing". I need to tell her a meeting to go to in West Chester, somewhere near the college if possible. She looks like a person without any problem, professional. Can you please advise? It's a breakthrough for her to heal. And, basically at this point, she's without a friend there to help.
cathy

Unread postby Rain » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:54 pm

aa.org

Lists meetings all over the world.
Rain

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion