I want A SPONSER!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I want A SPONSER!

Unread postby dunty » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 am

i CANT DO THIS ALONE ANYMORE i HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD AND i WANT TO DANCE AT HER WEDDING !please give me suggestions on how to get a sponser I stopped drinking agin on Friday I spent 30 days in rehab so I know better please help me
dunty

Re: I want A SPONSER!

Unread postby Rain » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Go to a meeting.

Athe the meeting, when they ask "Is anyone here in their first 30 days of sobriety, say "Yes, my name is ______. I need a sponsor, ANDI am willing to do the steps. Please talk to me after the meeting.

If this does not work, go to another meeting, and do the same thing.

OR

Go to a meeting. Arrive early. Walk up to someone and say "Have you done all the steps in order?"

If they say YES, then say "I need help with that. Will you be my sponsor?"

If they say NO to either question, say "Thanks anyway" and ask someone else until someone says YES.

You should have a sponsor (or at least a temporary sponsor) by the end of the day.

My .02
Let us know how that works out,
Rain
Rain

Re: I want A SPONSER!

Unread postby DapperDan215 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:32 am

In my opinion. Get a sponsor that has done the steps from the BigBook and willing to sit down and start immediately! I'd be more than willing to help or refer to someone else who would have you on the road to becoming recovered "from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body."
DapperDan215

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion