Just need to vent to someone!?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Just need to vent to someone!?

Unread postby fngjess » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Well, I'm a recovering meth head, and have a little over 5 yrs away from it. I'm now married with 2 little girls(3 yr old and 11mo. old). My husband is an addict alcoholic as well. He was also a drug and alcohol counselor but after a false accusation(yes, it really was false) he lost his job and has been working side jobs for almost a year. He is now drinking again. And I know he knows better but he says he's going to have a beer on occasion. Occasionly isn't going to happen-any addict knows that. Now he is bringing home beer at least once a week. We had an agreement that if one of us relapsed that person would leave the hse,seek treatment, and then work on coming back home. But because he was a counselor himself and knows almost everyone in this area he won't go plus he truly doesn't see why this is all such a big deal? He has Hep C, cirrhosis, and is a multi-striker so one more run in with the law he could be locked up for good. If I didn't see hope I'd leave, I will not allow my girls to see their dad drunk, and so far it hasnt happened. He is just so depressed and hates himself for "failing his family", what do I do? Do I give an ultimatum? Because I want him to stop drinking because he wants to stop. I know you can't force someone to be sober but I need some tips from other male addicts. He's too proud for counseling or antidepressants if needed. Is this just going to be a lost cause and should start packing?
fngjess

Re: Just need to vent to someone!?

Unread postby mariamike921108 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:16 pm

If he was a counsler before he knows what he has to do......he can't just "Drink beer" occasionally!
Does he want a life with you and your children???
mariamike921108

Unread postby SUE T » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:24 am

YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER A FAMILY/FRIENDS, ETC INTERVENTION. IT SOUNDS LIKE HE IS HAVING A PITY PARTY AT EVERYONE'S EXPENSE. YOU MAY NEED TO SET GROUND RULES AND STICK TO THEM YOURSELF. ALANON MAY BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST NOW. REMEMBER, YOU DIDN'T CAUSE IT, CAN'T CURE IT. TAKE CARE OF YOU NOW.
SUE T

Unread postby redroad » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:22 pm

:| show him my response.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM OR YOU WILL ENDANGER YOUR CHILDREN

thanks - later Redroad
redroad

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion