Not sure I am doing this correctly but...

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Not sure I am doing this correctly but...

Unread postby judopaul » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:23 pm

All the posts seem older, not today December 12, 2010. I need to get sober before Christmas....It is my only wish for this year...I need to go to a meeting and I keep finding excuses...Can someone help me...
judopaul

Re: Not sure I am doing this correctly but...

Unread postby Rainspa » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Sure, I'll help. It sounds like you really want to stop drinking.
Rainspa

Unread postby lizzydip » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey, I have the same problem. I am disgusted with myself. I am hurting people around me and myself. I got really drunk last night and woke up late for work. I have a great job! My boss called me and that woke me up. Of course I lied and said I must of hit the off button instead of snooze. I thought to myself this morning....I really need to do something. I had planned on going to my first AA meeting tonight. I really was.....I just couldn't do it. WE need to find the inner strength and just do it. Anyway that I can help....I will.
lizzydip

Unread postby judopaul » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Rainspa wrote:Sure, I'll help. It sounds like you really want to stop drinking.

I am drinking tonight, I had a business problem at 8 and smoked some p...Just to forget.....I am high right now, but still want to stop the madness................

I drink a six pack almost every day, so scared I will need rehab...I cannot disrupt my life....I am in the closet...
judopaul

Unread postby Rainspa » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Working the steps of AA is what has helped many people. Most of them, worldwide, have never seen the inside of a treatment center.

When in treatment, they usually have you go to AA meetings.

When you get out of treatment, they usually tell you to go to AA meetings.

Couple of questions:

1. Are you really sure you're an alcoholic?
2. Are you willing to do anything to get sober?
Rainspa

Unread postby judopaul » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:57 am

Rainspa wrote:Working the steps of AA is what has helped many people. Most of them, worldwide, have never seen the inside of a treatment center.

When in treatment, they usually have you go to AA meetings.

When you get out of treatment, they usually tell you to go to AA meetings.

Couple of questions:

Why are you asking me if I am sure, of course I am sure. I do want to get sober....I want to go to a meeting, get a sponsor and work the steps....I should have done this years ago. I went to meetings, I was doing great, then I met a great guy fell in love and started drinking again with him...Have not stopped since....I went through Linegren out patient....but I never really worked it like I should have...I am not going into treatment.....I am a professional and cannot let my guard down....I am not going to come out of the closet.............only for AA people for now....
judopaul

Unread postby judopaul » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am

lizzydip wrote:Hey, I have the same problem. I am disgusted with myself. I am hurting people around me and myself. I got really drunk last night and woke up late for work. I have a great job! My boss called me and that woke me up. Of course I lied and said I must of hit the off button instead of snooze. I thought to myself this morning....I really need to do something. I had planned on going to my first AA meeting tonight. I really was.....I just couldn't do it. WE need to find the inner strength and just do it. Anyway that I can help....I will.

Keep talking to me and I will keep talking to you....Maybe we can meet at a meeting to give each other support...I am in the closet....I do not plan to come out...but I could use a friend like me right now...
judopaul

Unread postby Rainspa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:42 am

judopaul wrote:Why are you asking me if I am sure, of course I am sure.

Because there are hard drinkers that are not alcoholics, and it helps to know if you are an alcoholic or hard drinker as defined by the Big Book of AA.
Here's a quiz to identify which is which. It might help someone to know this, and really will help you do a first step.
http://www.bigbooksponsorship.org/index ... icleID=486

Rainspa

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion