No meeting for him

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

No meeting for him

Unread postby Mimi » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:16 pm

My husband is an alcoholic who refuses to go to meeting on a regular basis. He is still drinking, although he wont admit to it. He claims he has stopped, however, as families know, you can always tell. He says he tired, he doesnt feel well, etc etc. Always some excuse for not going. Do I insist, nag, cry. Do I wait until he kills someone while driving drunk, or what? Mimi
Mimi

Unread postby Guest » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:14 pm

Hey Mimi,
You cannot force him to go. You can nag or cry, but it will be a waste of time because it won't work. Yeah it sounds hopeless, and it is. Until your husband seeks help. I hope he'll do something before he kills someone while driving drunk.

This is the most frustrating situation ever, and I feel for you because I've been there. People told me to go to Al-anon. It's a great place to vent. Have you ever been to an Al-anon meeting?

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion