After 28+ yrs. of sobriety, i am still a beginner each day.

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

After 28+ yrs. of sobriety, i am still a beginner each day.

Unread postby Cats1942 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:12 pm

I first became sober in the Philadelphia area and have since moved back to my upstate NY birth city. I miss Phila. so very much after spending nearly 30 yrs. there and the thing I am most grateful for today is the ability to determine right from wrong. I am wrong at times like everyone, but now I know how to make amends. Also, my home meeting in the Phila. area was called a "God as I understand him" meeting on Sun. mornings. I have looked all over this particular area I now live in and there is no "God . . ." meeting. So, in talking with my sponsor here, she told me to go ahead and start a "God . . ." meeting. Isn't it ironic how sponsors just seem to know what to say and when. Would love to chat with someone.
Cats1942

Re: After 28+ yrs. of sobriety, i am still a beginner each d

Unread postby RAM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:04 am

Great post. Yes, sponsors are empathic - because we all share the same experience and awakening! I am 25 years sober Jan 3rd. Same experience as you. And now my lady friend is 30 days sober and she is experiencing the same thing with her new sponsor.
RAM

Unread postby Doriscowan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:17 pm

I'm posting but no reply I joined but can't figure out how to do this desperate to help my 30 year old daughter my 9 year old granddaughter is deeply hurt as am I we need help
Doriscowan

Unread postby renewedman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Yes the long I'm sober, after 30 years free from alcohol, the more I need to remember I'm only one arms length away from a drink & misery it'll surely lead to, and to stay 'a 'beginner'.
renewedman

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism