finally starting to realize this may never change

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

finally starting to realize this may never change

Unread postby trista1 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:24 pm

My husband is an alcoholic. He drinks a case of beer, sometimes more, every day and has for the past 10 years. I suppose I always had faith that he would somehow quit or that he could handle it. He went to rehab about 6 years ago for 30 days in Minnesota and as soon as he got out and to the airport to come home he started drinking again. He has tried to quit on his own multiple times. I have seen him through the 3 days of heavy withdrawal and stopped everything in my life for those days thinking that it is so worth it if he can finally do it this time. He starts drinking again within 3 days every time. I have never talked to anyone about his alcoholism. I hide it for him, I lie about it to other people, to his family and to mine. We have 2 great kids, 11 and 4, and the 11 year old knows there is something wrong. How do i talk to him about it. I am afraid to leave, I've been afraid to leave. I don't have a job, I won't have any money, i'm scared. I am starting to finally realize though that I can't do it anymore, I can't. I love him, I want to be with him, I don't want a divorce but I just can't take it anymore. I went to my first al anon meeting last week, I guess that's the first step. How could i have lived this way for so long? I guess that's all.
trista1

Re: finally starting to realize this may never change

Unread postby aimeeandes » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:25 pm

hi my husband has been an alcoholic for the past 3 yrs at least he drinks from 5am till bedtime, hes abusive when drunk, we also have 2 children, one is a preemie and is still in the hospital, he has no cares or feelings while drinking, hes numb. i just got my first pfa then dropped it because im a recovered addict and he was always there for me, hes currently trying to quit today is his first day, i could tell hes not well. we could chat if u need support, i no i do too. aimeeprebola@gmail.com or aimeeprebola on facebook
aimeeandes

Re: finally starting to realize this may never change

Unread postby ivycool » Sun May 27, 2012 11:17 pm

i just got my first pfa then dropped it because im a recovered addict and he was always there for me, hes currently trying to quit today is his first day, i could tell hes not well.

[url=http://www.rchelicoptershops.com/]Rc Helicopters[/url]|[url=http://www.rchelicopterwholesale.com/]Wholesale Rc Helicopter Parts[/url]|[url=http://www.rchobbyforsale.com/]Rc Hobby Stores[/url]
ivycool

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism