new to this website - don't know what I'm looking for

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

new to this website - don't know what I'm looking for

Unread postby lizzym » Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 am

I have no idea how to use this website. Maybe typing will help me. My husband is addicted to alcohol and I'm sick of it. He recently had a very serious neck surgery (fusion), thought that would end it ,but the other day he was so drunk he fell into a wall, not once but twice. I just walked away.
lizzym

Re: new to this website - don't know what I'm looking for

Unread postby lizzym » Wed May 09, 2012 10:49 am

How do I post ? How do I find existing messages?
Any way, my marriage has been turbulent and abusive. I've been punched in the face, strangled, and our last physical altercation damn near broke my arm. I feel stupid and ashamed too!! What's wrong with me? Why do I stay? My friends seem to think he's the life of the party, so they don't want to hear me complain about. There was a time when I thought, "well if you can't beat him, join him." That was even dumber, two adults out of control, but thankfully I realized that was not the solution. Is there help? Do I go to al-anon? So tired of living like this.
lizzym

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism