Mom tried to end it again....

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Mom tried to end it again....

Unread postby Chelseans » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm 20.. my moms an alcoholic.. she tried to kill herslef again for the 4th time since last february... shes in a phsyc ward now but gets out this week.. I've been supporting her everyday.. everyone has basically given up on her or are angry with her... I feel like I have to and everyone is on my back telling me it's not my place to take care of her shes an adult... w/e I got 2 sisters and 2 brothers whom I've been taking care of everytime this happens..which has been my whole life so far.. It's stressful and it's takin a toll on me with school and money... money I get from school... but you only get one mom.. and I need her here
Chelseans

Re: Mom tried to end it again....

Unread postby 5108newhall » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:11 pm

God bless you. I was like your mom and my 23 yr old emotionally supported me. I was 302'd after my last run and my son made me go to a rehab. I am now 2 yrs and 5 months clean and sober. I put mY son and his bro thru hell but my son is and was my rock. I think you must know your mom is sick and you continue to love her. I'll pray for both of you.
5108newhall

Unread postby 5108newhall » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:11 pm

God bless you. I was like your mom and my 23 yr old emotionally supported me. I was 302'd after my last run and my son made me go to a rehab. I am now 2 yrs and 5 months clean and sober. I put mY son and his bro thru hell but my son is and was my rock. I think you must know your mom is sick and you continue to love her. I'll pray for both of you.
5108newhall

Unread postby Chelseans » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Thank you for giving me hope and congratulations on your sobriety! I appreciate it
Chelseans

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism