This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.


Unread postby Tkenton » Wed May 30, 2007 8:56 am

I am new to this whole rehabilitation with my brother in law at Valley Forge. What are the necessary steps for me to take to contact him. I am 1200 miles away from him and I called and they won't let me talk to him. Which i totally understand. But i want to leave him a message to call or for him to contact me. He just has been placed there and per Hepa-law I know they cannot tell me. If anyone could tell me what the necessary steps are I would really appreciate it. And if anyone can also tell me what i need to do as a sister in law because he has no insurance and no job now. Do I need to file for Medicaid for him?

Any answers will help me.

~Worried in Texas

Unread postby Guest » Wed May 30, 2007 9:15 am

I don't know how you can contact him. However if I were you, I would try to get information from a rehab center. I assume they know what you should do. Why don't you call Livengrin for instance (4833 Hulmeville Rd., Bensalem, PA 19020, Tel 215-638-5200 and 800-245-4746), and ask questions.

For Medicaid, you may want to check their web site

I hope other people on this board will be able to help you.

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests