Feeling trapped again...

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Feeling trapped again...

Unread postby Danicreates » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:23 pm

So, my husband of 8 years is an alcoholic.. I kicked him out of the house back in February when I found coke in his wallet.. He was also going out drinking almost every night and not coming home until 2-3am.. Back in February he went to intensive outpatient rehab and was staying sober but has refused to go to meetings.. We have been doing weekly Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples counseling, which has been helping our relationship.. This week however, I found out that he has been texting another female addict that had been in his rehab group.. We talked about it and he agreed to tell me if she/he text again.. He lied to me about having had texted her again a few days later.. Then, I checked our phone records online and found out that he had been texting his drinking buddy down the street and his dealer in the wee hours of the night on nights when I have been out of town and when he was caring for our 6 year old son... we have one son together and 2 teenage stepsons.. When confronted about all this he still did not admit it until later in the convo.. And he was angry and defensive and started listing all the reasons he drank (which were mostly blaming me).. I am at a loss as of what to do.. The thought of trying to leave him again is overwhelming,, as I worry about not getting full custody of our son and then him being in danger when our son is in his care.. Staying with him doesn't make me feel much better about it. I don't know what type of boundaries or conditions I need to make for him to keep us safe while I try to figure out what I need to do..??? Any suggestions? Do people find alanon sponsors on these forums? Thanks for any support!
Danicreates

Re: Feeling trapped again...

Unread postby Doriscowan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:23 pm

My story is similar but addiction is all the same I'm seeking help for my 9 year old granddaughter and I my 30 year old daughter is tearing us apart mentally and physically
Doriscowan

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism