Husbands drinking problem

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Husbands drinking problem

Unread postby Donnab » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:08 pm

My husband has an alcohol issue and he will not admit it. Going on for a while. I feel like i am going to lose my mind because he is telling me that i over dramatize and he has it under control.
Donnab

Re: Husbands drinking problem

Unread postby joann » Tue May 16, 2017 3:15 pm

After rehab and being sober 3 days my husband also says he doesn't believe he is an alcoholic and if he wants to stay sober rest of his life. I can not take another go around at 74.
joann

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:32 am

I am dealing with the same thing. This is my first time here. His alcoholic anger and verbal abuse is hurting me

Unread postby Ctrigger » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:03 pm

I am new to this site. I am trying to battle my own demons but my husband is of no support by continuing with his drinking. He is is quick to point the finger but takes no accountability for his actions.
Ctrigger

Unread postby RobinLee » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:59 am

Hello - this is my first time here. I am trying to find support for me because I cannot do a thing about my husband's alcohol consumption. I have been married a really long time, we met as children and he has been the love of my life. He drinks only on the weekends but drinks A LOT, he slurs his words and basically is noncommunicative until he either goes to bed. Sometimes he gets mean, I mean really mean with horrible words, which he, in turn, says I am responsible for making him mad. He calls me names but acts like I drove him to call me names. I cannot take it. I can no longer kiss the lips of someone who spews such venom and cringe at his touch. I am done.
RobinLee

Unread postby ALIAS » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:15 am

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HERE I AM SOBER ALMOST 2 YEARS AND MY SPOUSE CONTINUES TO DRINK AND WHEN HE DOES SOMETIMES HE IGNORES MY TEXT CALLS AND WHEN I CONFRONT HIM IT'S LIKE I AM WRONG
ALIAS

Unread postby hopestar2 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 am

HELLO THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HERE ALSO, MY SPOUSE DRINKS AND ONCE IN A WHILE HE'LL GO OUT WITH HIS FRIENDS DOWN THE STREET GET DRUNK AND IGNORE MY TEXT AND MESSAGES AND CALLS, WHEN HE COMES IN AND I CONFRONT HIM HE THROWS UP ALL THE GOOD THINGS HE DOES LIKE I AM CRAZY OR WRONG FOR MENTIONING IT TO HIM I ASK HIM TO BE CONSIDERATE AND LET ME KNOW HE'S OK AND JUST ANSWER THE PHONE. MY HEART HURTS CAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY REAL PROBLEM WE HAVE RIGHT NOW. I RELAPSED TWO YEARS AGO ONCE HE FOUND OUT I RELAPSED HE IMMEDIATELY WENT TO DRINKING. I HAD TO GET CLEAN LEGAL ISSUES AND HE'S BEEN STILL DRINKING. BEING SOBER AND HIS DRINKING ARE NOT GOOD AT ALL
hopestar2

Unread postby hopestar2 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:57 am

he doesn't accept he has a problem. when he drinks too much he goes up the street with his so called friends (people who will supply his beer) and he ignores the phone comes home so drunk when i say something i am wrong. he has had several bad experiences while drinking breaking bones and winding up places where i have to go get him. I am so hurt anymore because he won't even say I am sorry. He thinks what he does is acceptable and I m not in a position to leave him
hopestar2

Unread postby hopestar2 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:39 am

I still feel bad for the way he treated me the last time he drank. He doesn't want to understand the part he plays or take any responsibility. He threatens to leave and I need him in several ways to be there. This is sad. it's all my own fault i relapsed on drugs 4 years ago. Soon as i told him I was using he went right for beer. we both used for 2 years it was horrible. i got arrested and stopped everything two years ago. he continued his drinking and still drinks to this day regardless of my sobriety. this is so sad I love him so much and physically I need him to do things for me I cannot do for myself. sad sad situation
hopestar2

Unread postby hopestar2 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:54 am

THE PERSON I AM WITH HAS A DRINKING PROBLEM. I RELAPSED TWO YEARS AGO ON ANOTHER SUBSTANCE AND HE IMMEDIATELY WITHIN FIVE MINUTES OF ME TELLING HIM I DID HE WENT AND GOT BEER. I HAD TO GET CLEAN 18 MONTHS AGO DUE TO LEGAL ISSUES HE IS STILL DRINKING. HE DOES WITH NEIGHBORS WHO ENCOURAGE THIS BEHAVIOR AND THEN REFUSES TO ANSWER THE PHONE EVEN THOUGH HE IS JUST DOWN THE BLOCK I FEEL HUMILIATED IF I HAVE TO GO GET HIM AND HE HATES THAT. WHAT AM I TO DO. I LOVE HIM SOO MUCH
hopestar2

Unread postby Bobby7318 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:16 am

Seeking help with husband's drinking as well. Need the abuse to stop. I love him and want to help him.
Bobby7318

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism