AL-ANON meeting in Delaware County

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

AL-ANON meeting in Delaware County

Unread postby cmc » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi,
I am the adult child of an alcoholic, My aunt and I are planning to take my Mother to an Al-Anon meeting. My father has been an alcoholic since I was in 11 years old and prior to that he was addicted to several drugs. I am now almost 35 and his drinking has gotten worse than ever. He is so verbally abusive that I cannot even stand to be in the same room with him. My Mother on the other hand has to live with him. My brother moved out a few months back and since then his drinking and abuse are worse than they have ever been. I hear stories from both my Mother and my Aunt. My father is not a well man physically he has several things wrong with him, and we truly believe that his time on Earth is limited, however I don't know if my Mom will make it until the time he dies. She speaks of throwing him out however he tells her that he will take 1/2 of the house (which was left to my Mom by her mother). He pays no bills at all and now my Mom is driving a car that is unsafe while he drives a virtually brand new truck that she has probably paid most of.

I feel that the meetings will be beneficial to my mother because maybe then she will realize that there are things that she can do. I would appreciate it if someone could give me the location of a good meeting that we can attend for the first time.
cmc

Re: AL-ANON meeting in Delaware County

Unread postby Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:28 am

Cmc, I feel for you and for your mom. YES, Al-anon meetings will definitely help her. What area of Delaware County are you looking for?

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism