Al-Anon meetings

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Al-Anon meetings

Unread postby shelmo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:19 am

I am new to this site. I am thinking of joining an Al-Anon meeting but am a little afraid. Can anyone tell me what goes on at these meetings?
shelmo

Re: Al-Anon meetings

Unread postby tkp » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:37 pm

I went to my first last Saturday. Best thing I have ever done, after I made myself get out of the truck and go in. People understood, and you dont have to talk if you dont want to, it was very nice. You are not alone!
Email me directly if you would like, spirit1968@comcast.net
tkp

Unread postby hbs » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Yes it is a very good thing you did...just stay open and try not to compare...you don't have to get it all at once...you don't have to be perfect at this...the only thing you have to do perfectly is to not pick up the 1st drink...it has taken me a few years to finally start getting more comfortable at meetings,because I am a professional isolator...lots of luck(it can't hurt)
hbs

Unread postby latinaladyluv » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:24 pm

I have been online for several days now. I am trying to find an al-anon meeting in my area (zip code 18702). I am trying to find one because I am stressing. I am in need of some help with my 19 yrs old daughter. She denies she has a problem. She drinks, smokes, and on occasion (that's how she puts it) uses other drugs. I am concerned for her safety and sanity. I have asked her to go with me to a meeting which she refuses to attend because she says she does not have a problem. I am at my wits end. I have a small child in the home which worries me. What can I do? :( :?
latinaladyluv

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism