what should i expect?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

what should i expect?

Unread postby shamrock » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:37 pm

I finally feel ready to go to a meeting and see if it will help me start my recovery from the mess I've made of my life. I'm just curious as to what is expected of a newcomer.
shamrock

Re: what should i expect?

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:25 am

You can expect warm, friendly people who understand exactly what you are going through because they have been there. Introduce yourself as a newcomer and be prepared finally feel like you belong. You will be offered phone numbers from people who truly want to help you in any way they can. Just show up and listen...it will soon feel like home. There is absolutely nothing expected from you, except that you want to be sober. After the first few meetings, you will wonder what you were so nervous about....and you will realize that this is where you belong. Remember, the only requirement for AA membership is a DESIRE to stay sober. Good luck and God bless you.

Re: what should i expect?

Unread postby tryingitout » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:30 am

You should go! You will feel welcomed. You do not have to speak unless you want to, no forces you to. Listening provides support for what you are going through. Early morning meetings are very busy so you can just blend in if yuu want. Good luck! :D
tryingitout

Return to Drug Addiction