How do you move forward after a relaps?!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

How do you move forward after a relaps?!

Unread postby _nene_ » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:36 pm

I was clean from prescription drugs for seven months. I recently relapsed and I am having a hard time getting over it. I have extrem cravings and feel as though I would do anything to get my hands on anything. I know I can not act on my cravings but I just don't know how to get through this. On top of it I know my grandmother, who I live with has some in the house she hids them from me but I feel at times I want to tear the house apart to look for them. What should I do?! :?:
_nene_

Re: How do you move forward after a relaps?!

Unread postby meghan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm

U have to keep pushing forward.u are conscious enough to realize u don't want to go back to the way u were.u have to dig deep n keep fighting everyday.the fight for ur life! Believe in yourself,n all the hard work u put out to get where u r today. My ex girlfriend relapsed n stepped herself back in to rehab,n I'm praying that this time it's different,but each individual is different...so ultimatelythe choice is your.do u want to live clean n sober n stronger from overcoming those evil obstacles or u can die high alone n miserable.!! Good luck keep pushing on.
Meghan :mrgreen:
meghan

Unread postby ant3daly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:39 am

A lot of it has to do with honesty. And you seem to have that part. You know that you want them but that you can't have them. It's tough with the object of your desire being in your house. Be strong and find ways to occupy your time till your better able to control yourself. Find meetingst o go to.i if you're at a meeting you're not searching for your grandmother's pills. And hook up with recovering people at the meeting. You can spend time together when there aren't any meeting. And you'll have someone to call when your home at night and feel weak.
I don't know how they are in your area but you may consider moving into a recovery house. If you can find a decent one where they are truly about recovery it may be beneficial to get away from that easy access situation.
Hope some of this will help you. I wish you the best!
Anthony
ant3daly

Unread postby Godthruman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:22 pm

My friend you must keep in mind that the object of your true desire is to stay clean, so continue to remind yourself of that fact. Now maybe your only on your way to finding out that you don't have the power to stop on your own. Did anyone challenge you to pray to whatever power is greater than people. Or just find something positive to use in place of your other drug of choice. The only why to move forward is to continue trying. The only thing that equals a failure is the lack of another try. Why do you think we say just keep coming back, none of us ever stopped until we had enough. Using is not the problem it is what we use that has been our problem. try these words (not now maybe later) or just keep putting it off until tomorrow. ( not today maybe tomorrow). Peace GTM Inc.
Godthruman

Unread postby BalancingAct » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:00 am

I feel your pain as well as your desire. I have been at this since 1987 and have been clean 18 months. For me it was about finding the reason. Why. When my head is in the space that I am clean for me I don't even consider using as an option. Playing doctors and raiding medicine cabinets are far away. Five rehabs didn't work. One day I just decided, "I have had enough." Now you know me a little, I will also say I relapsed a lot. A lot. I was once clean for 8 years. Big deal. I was clean, not in recovery. I was doing it for someone else. Another lifetime ago. This is the here and now. Today I am clean. Today I have no desire to use. I won't midlead and say it didn't matter what others thought because it did. Walking back in and saying I used again was horrifying. But I would get up, dust myself off and start again. Just like an athlete who falls off the apparatus. Do over. I learned quite a lot from my experience. Here I am. I am clean, Just For Today.
Thanks for letting me share.
BalancingAct

Unread postby guest » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:02 pm

I understand it is very hard for first time but believe me, soon you will get over it. You just have to push and trying not to make the same mistake you made. You already know that relapsing not going to help you but make things worse. So keep your head and try to get your days clean day by day. Good luck!

Return to Drug Addiction