Introduction

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Introduction

Unread postby HungryGhost24 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:12 am

Very nice to be a new member of this community. I'd like to start with a brief introduction; my name is Bryan, I'm 23 years old and I've been a cockroach under the boot of drug addiction for four degrading years now, and I can find no reason to justify staying sober other than it being the right thing to do. I have chosen heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and pills as my life's supplement, and without SOMETHING, I live with a horrifying, gaping hole of emptiness within my consciousness, the magnitude of which I can not put into words.

I do, however, understand that I can't go on for very long like this, and thus, it is nice to meet you all.
HungryGhost24

Re: Introduction

Unread postby dmassey824 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:43 am

Hello Brad,

My name is Debbie and I am also new to this. I am a recovering addict of many drugs... My problem is this. I have been clean from using illegal substances since Feb 2006 but I never addressed the issues of addiction I was dealing with. To be honest I got pregnant and got clean and though I haven't used...I still have a lot of the "dry" addict behavior. Then two years ago I was diagnosed with back issues and Fibromyalgia...at first I was on opiate pain meds but my doctors knowing my addictive history switched me to something called Tramadol...This was supposed to be safe non addictive blah blah blah...in the course of two years this drug has taken over my life...at one point i wanted to get off it and my doctor wanted me to try something new but failed to tell me I would go through withdrawal (yes from a non opiate non narcotic drug)... To put it lightly I was sick as shit for a good week or more...after wards i stayed off it a few months but the alternative meds didn't work and that coupled with spinal injections left me in so much pain I went back to the Tramadol...I thought I had this under control for a while but when I got to a point where I wanted to stop but was so afraid of withdrawing again and taking way more than prescribed I realized just how powerless I am. I need to get to meetings but I am scared and a single mommy of two. I don't have many people to talk to because I am afraid but I want off and I need to find alternative pain management options. At this point I've managed to ween myself down to just two a day with minimal withdraw side effects..but the pain is now an issue again...I would love to talk to someone...
dmassey824

Return to Drug Addiction