So exhausted of never ending circle

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

So exhausted of never ending circle

Unread postby hurting38 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:29 pm

How do you handle stress and pain that addict cost you?
I am getting to point of needing medication to calm me down. Then I worry about carrying for kids.
My husband is telling me how sorry and messed up he is,and swear he will change and that it is last time,but just 4 days later we are in the same situation. It makes me angry.in my case I am doing part time job, carrying for kids, house,do all doctors app. With kids ,all school activities.and my husband works hard, but only makes empty promises to kids,and never show up for their performance, activity, doctor, or even bring dinner if I am sick and ask him for favor.he always let us down,always has an excuse , and then he tells me it is of course my fault! At the moment when he is clean he knows he is doing wrong, but not strong enough to get help. I wonder is there affordable inpatient drug/ alcohol rehab? Thank you for reading. I am pretty down right now...
hurting38

Re: So exhausted of never ending circle

Unread postby Alamarina » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:00 pm

As a newly recovered addict and son of an alcoholic I understand a lot. He will not quit until ready. If he is ready then I can give you the name of a program I just left if you email me. It helped me but there are never guarantees. I am new here and must say I am not affiliated with anything. Just trying to help. You are not alone. There are thousands of people like me and you and your husband. He can stop if he is committed to it. In my opinion, it's not a disease.

Good luck.

G
Alamarina

Unread postby hurting38 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:33 am

Thank you Alamarina!!!
hurting38

Unread postby AnnDM » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 am

I can relate to the having to pick up where your loved ones fall short. You have to hope for the best and expect the worse. Its a hard things to accept but you and your kids happiness is just as important as anything else. Make plans knowing he may not be there to go, help or provide and be elated when he is there. You have to take care of yourself and your babies. Make sure you take a little time to do that. I am the sole provider for a family of four and my spousse doesn't work and has no medical so I understand on a multitude of levels. It wont' make things easier but it will help with stress. Oh and stretching that helps me.

AnnDM
AnnDM

Unread postby mikef » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:15 pm

I know first hand of the pain, suffering and complete hopelessness that comes with addiction as i been the one who has created it being an addict. I wish I could tell you that the solution is simple but I can not. However there are many many locations that provide inpatient care for little or no cost (depending on your income, bills, children etc). It is one of the hardest things to do...admit that you need help, but when the pain is great enough your husband will admit that he has a problem that he needs help with. Hopefully he doesn't have to lose the things most important to him before he realizes that he does need help. But after he does get the help I can honestly tell u that he will be so thankful he did. All the best! Mike
mikef

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:44 am

This is true that addiction is very difficult to control byself but it can be treated well through counselling. You can also have a look at http://lifetrackcounseling.com.

Return to Drug Addiction