my first NA Meeting tonight

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

my first NA Meeting tonight

Unread postby springer90x » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Hey guys, I have my first NA meeting tonight and i am really nervous. I hope It is okay for me to just show up. I feel so lonely. I don't want people to see me as I see myself. A drug addict.
springer90x

Re: my first NA Meeting tonight

Unread postby paulk1200mts » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:51 pm

I just joined this forum and saw your post from feb. How did you like your first NA meeting? I've been clean sometime but still remember my first couple weeks of NA. I didn't connect at first...took a bit of time to find my way. It's been worth the investment to have such a resource to guide me through all the ups and downs.
Check in when u can
paulk1200mts

Unread postby CassDawn27 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:44 am

Hello my name is Cassey this is my first N/A meeting online I have been to a couple in my home town but I feel like some of them are very judgmental. So how is everyone doing in their recovery??
CassDawn27

Unread postby mandamarie80 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi my name is Amanda and I have been clean a couple years now and I am new to the whole meeting scene.. I'm slowly learning its hard for me to open up to people I don't really know... But 1 major thing I have learned is that we are good people and our mess ups are NOT who we are! It was the addiction. I know if in was sober I never would have done the messed up things I did. And that's ok because the people who love me and stuck by me know that! And I can sleep at night knowing that I was forgiven... Now I also know that if I mess up again the trust will more than likely forever be broken so that really helps me with staying clean and sober because my family is everything to me... So again just know its ok to say that yes I am an addict always will be and that I am clean and sober and will stay that way... Don't look down on yourself..
mandamarie80

Return to Drug Addiction