I need help

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I need help

Unread postby Mh267 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:16 am

I don't knw where else to turn to. I've been trying on my own but ... Can't seem to stay sober.
Mh267

Re: I need help

Unread postby trhb38 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:12 am

Hello, it is totally normal to to need help. I actually believe it is a requirement in the process of sobriety. If you have medical you could call the number on the back of the card labeled behavioral health and let them know what you are feeling. If you do not have medical you could go to the nearest crisis center or emergency room and they could get you started in the right direction. Hope this helps
trhb38

Unread postby msmandie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Asking for help is the first step... Honestly I believe in treatment first. Like a rehab not just detox but somewhere to start the healing from within yourself! Your on the right path, keep asking for help. Keep talking about it and just take it one day at a time. You can do it❤
msmandie

Unread postby Marchdogg » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Mh267 wrote:
> I don't knw where else to turn to. I've been trying on my own but ... Can't
> seem to stay sober.
Everyone needs help you can’t do it on your own. I have 10 months of being opiate free. I was addicted for 10 years then I went on methadone for 7 years. I tried to detox but it was so hard. I had a friend who also went to the clinic and went to the Coleman institute to detox of the methadone. And it worked for him so I gave it a try. I was there for 8 days while they safely detoxed me and got all the methadone out of my system. They gave you meds so you would not go through withdrawals. It took a couple of months after to start feeling normal again. Had insomnia and just feeling tired and now emotions. But if takes awhile for your brain to rewhire itself. Just take it day to day and focus on today not tomorrow it will get better.
Marchdogg

Unread postby Akambrose78 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Marchdogg wrote:
> Mh267 wrote:
> > I don't knw where else to turn to. I've been trying on my own but ... Can't
> > seem to stay sober.
> Everyone needs help you can’t do it on your own. I have 10 months of being opiate
> free. I was addicted for 10 years then I went on methadone for 7 years. I tried to
> detox but it was so hard. I had a friend who also went to the clinic and went to the
> Coleman institute to detox of the methadone. And it worked for him so I gave it a
> try. I was there for 8 days while they safely detoxed me and got all the methadone
> out of my system. They gave you meds so you would not go through withdrawals. It took
> a couple of months after to start feeling normal again. Had insomnia and just feeling
> tired and now emotions. But if takes awhile for your brain to rewhire itself. Just
> take it day to day and focus on today not tomorrow it will get better.
I agree with the day by day focus. That is how i continue to get by. Im working on step 4 and i feel soo lost in it.
Akambrose78

Unread postby rgg24 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:24 am

The only way I know to stay clean is to surrender. I know this sounds like losing but the reality is that we MUST surrender to WIN. The paradox of the program. Next get to a meeting let people know that you are struggling and ask for help. Sounds complated but it's the only way in the begining. I know I had 20 years at one time and relapsed had to go back to rehab detoxed and stayed for the program. I was just going to detox but that never worked for me before. I also had a stash of pain killers at home and had to let my wife know to throw them out. My second surrender the first was staying for the program. The third was continuing with outpatient treatment. I am still in GOP. The first time I tried to get clean I was in 13 detoxes in the last year. I never went into a program. Until the 13th detox a counsler was doing group and he asked me was I ready to be honest with him. I said yes I would tell him what ever he wanted. He said great. Then he asked was I ready to be openminded to take suggestions. I replied Yes. Then he asked was I ready to be willing to do what ever I needed to stay clean. I said yes again. He then said thas great I will sign you up for rehab and my reply was I don't know if I am that willing. Then he hit me with the fact I had been in so many detoxes and was living on the streets. It's time to get clean. That day has always stuck me. This last time I had many people in the program who would call me to draw me back. After a year I stopped answering their calls. I wanted to get on.Well now I suffer from diabetic neuropathy in my feet and hands. I hope you don't have to go this far. I'm 62 years old in pain but pain killers are not the awswer, and neither is dope. The only way I know is the fellowishp on NA. I wish you all the best that life has to offer and hope you get the help you need and deserve!!!!!!!!!
BG
rgg24

Unread postby serene15112 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Mh267 wrote:
> I don't knw where else to turn to. I've been trying on my own but ... Can't
> seem to stay sober.
My deepest prayers …….I remember the day I too needed help. It is a form of surrender if you are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am willing to be here for you and make suggestions that could ease your pain.
serene15112

Return to Drug Addiction